ART SPECTRUM’S EXTRA SOFT SQUARE PASTELS
Arthouse Northside is the only art supply store in Brisbane with these new soft pastels available individually.
Experience soft creamy pastels that lay down smoothly and blend beautifully onto paper. The shape allows broad strokes for easy coverage, strong gestural marks and the ability to create detailed work.
Feel confident that you are using professional artists’ materials made from the highest quality lightfast pigments which are triple-milled to bring out the intensity of each colour.
Colours ranging from smouldering darks to delicate veils of highlight colours, all exhibiting the rich velvety bloom loved by pastel artists.
To celebrate the arrival of these new pastels we are offering 20% discount off individual pastels as well as sets.
At present we have the following sets available:-
Set of 20 – Temperate Landscape
Sets of 10 – Umber Earth
As a Christmas Special we also have a wooden box set with the full colour range (180 colours) for $1045.80 (usually $1306.80)
We also have two empty wooden boxes, specifically made for these square pastels, which can be purchased for $150 or if you purchase 100 pastels you can get the box free. These boxes hold 180 pastels.
If you come in to see our brand new pastel display and decide to buy, we would like to suggest that you bring in a container to carry your new purchases home safely – they are precious! Small boxes lined with paper towels, or pieces of flat sponge, make great pastel carriers.
Atelier Interactive 7 New Colours
Atelier Interactive have brought out new colours which are only available in a select number of Art Supliers, and we just happen to be one of them. These new colours are all series one. For the time being they are only available in 80ml tubes. These new colours are flying out of the door. They are:-
- Frog Green Dark
- Hollow Tree
- Brown Onion
- Violet Grey
- Tangerine Mist
- Sweet Pea and
- Gentle Taupe
MOLOTOW GRAFX MASKING MARKER
The GRAFX Art Masking Liquid Pump Marker contains a special masking liquid giving the ability to rub off. Simply apply the masking liquid on the surface not to be painted, next colourise, let dry briefly and rub off with a finger or an eraser.
· Refillable pump marker
· Coloured water-based masking liquid
· Exchangeable 2mm or 4mm Round Tip
· Suitable for all surfaces
· Easy to peel off without residue
· Refills available
ATELIER FIVE NEW MEDIUMS
ATELIER HEAVY GEL (SATIN)
Available in 250ml Jars
- Matches the surface finish of the Heavy Bodied Paints
- The consistency has been “sharpened” to leave sharp texture and brush marks similar to oil paint.
- Most Gel Mediums are difficult to incorporate, and this new medium can be placed on the palette and mixed with any paint colour usually at about 1 to 1 with the paint. This easy accessibility will make it popular.
ATELIER THICK PAINTING MEDIUM
Available to 250ml bottles.
This medium will quickly become a favourite of artists who would like to create a more tactile painterly effect.
- It makes a very juicy and luscious mixture which also provides a longer wet time.
- It reacts with Unlocking Formula if the layer needs to be kept wet.
- Sunlight or a hair dryer can be used for quick drying off.
ATELIER MIDDLE PAINTING MEDIUM
Available in 250ml bottles,
The new medium is an update of the popular Clear Painting Medium and even more versatile
- A middle viscosity is useful for spreading painting and painting gradations wet in wet or wet over dry, or for glazing.
- It is easy to integrate over painting by edge blending or glazing.
ATELIER THIN PAINTING MEDIUM
Available in 60ml or 250ml bottles.
This medium is a flow aide and small additions can be used to reduce Heavy Bodied paints for fine detail.
- This liquid medium exaggerates the flow of the paint and dilutes it for air brush.
- It has a much more exaggerated effect when it is added to the more fluid Jo Sonja or Free Flow paints.
All of these mediums respond to Unlocking Formula, but are easy to dry out with dry warmth such as sunlight or a hair dryer.
ATELIER HOLDING MEDIUM
For use with Atelier Free Flow & Jo Sonja Artists’ colours.
Available in 250ml bottles.
- Contributes body without altering the matte finish.
ATELIER POURING MEDIUM
A Special Effects Medium for Pouring Techniques
Pouring is a fantastic new acrylic technique and now with Atelier Pouring Medium it’s even easier and more fun!
Simply mix it with Atelier Interactive, Free Flow or any artists’ acrylic paint and pour onto a flat painting surface. The medium thins the paint so it pours easily and forms smooth even puddles with no bubbles! It increases colour transparency, which enhances paint layering effects and dries to a beautiful gloss finish. When dried, the paint film is flexible, waterproof and durable. The medium appears white but it goes clear when mixed with paint. So it does not effect the colour and there is minimal colour shift as the paint dries.
“Acrylic Skins” can be created by pouring onto plastic sheets like glad wrap or plastic ring binder sleeves. Once the paint layer has dried, it can be peeled off and used for collage.
- Stir slowly when mixing with the paint so as to avoid creating bubbles.
- The results from poring techniques are heavily influenced by the painting surface, so always prepare your substrate properly with gesso or binder medium
- To remove little bubbles spray a light mist of Atelier Unlocking Formula onto the wet surface. This will break the surface tension and remove the bubbles.
WINSOR AND NEWTON AQUAPASTO MEDIUM
BACK IN STOCK
Masterson Sta-Wet Handy Palette
After quite some time we have now been able to find stock of the Masterson Sta-Wet Handy Palette.
These Palette are the perfect size for those small projects or the classroom!
Dimensions: 8.5” x 7” x 1”
Each Palette Contains
- Five sheets of “Sta-Wet” acrylic Palette paper
- Cullulose Sponge
- Palette Tray and Lid
- Complete Instructions for preparation and use. Sta-Wet Painters Pal PaletteDimensions: 13” x 12” x 1.5”. Palette size 9” x 12”
- Each palette contains:-
- This is the ultimate palette for Artists
- As well as the above we have also been able to source a larger Palette:-
- (We also stock replacement sponges and papers).
- Five sheets of “Sta-Wet” acrylic Palette paper
- Cellulose Sponge
- Injection molded palette Tray and Lid
- Five paint cups 7 Detachable lids
- One Solvent Cup with attached Lid
- Brush Storage area beneath Removable Cup Holder Tray
- Complete instructions for preparation ad use.
Aqua Pro Watercolour Palette
A Favorite with the serious Water Colour Artist. The Aqua Pro is made from the highest quality injection molded resins. It is stain resistant and has the features artists demand.
- 32 Separate wells for holding pigments
- 3 divided mixing areas to keep your colour ranges separate.
- The inverted lid can be used as an additional, larger mixing area.
- The lid will keep your paints clean between painting sessions
- Dimensions 15-1/2” x 11-1/2” x 1-3/4”
BAMBOO LYRE EASELS
- Eco Friendly
- Sturdy Design
- Silky Smooth Finish
- Adjustable Canvas Support
- Ideal for Studio work
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Hold Canvas up to 172cm
Bamboo easels are made from bamboo grown in managed, renewable forests and are a natural alternative to traditional wooden easels.
ART SPECTRUM COLOURFIX PADS
A new selection of pads has been introduced to the Colourfix pastel paper range. These pads are in a format to suit the pastel artist 20 x 30cm and 30 x 40 cm, available in both Original and Smooth textures, in cool colours, warm colours, black and white with 12 pages interleaved with Glassine Paper to protect your pastel work. At present we are just stocking the 30 x 40cm in the Original textures.
TOMBOW MONO ZERO ERASERS
- The thinnest and most agile eraser line on the market for precision erasing.
- Ultra-fine tips in 2 shapes, a 2.3mm round tip and a 2.5mm x 5mm rectangular tip.
- Retractable in a pen-style body.
- Quality eraser that will not damage paper.
- Refillable, refills sol separately.
- Ideal for designers, architects, artists and cartoonists.
ATELIER UNIVERSAL MEDIUM
Atelier new Universal Medium is a medium and varnish rolled into one. It is so versatile that is almost replaces every medium that we have on offer. If you’re looking to try a medium to see how it enhances your painting possibilities then Universal Medium is our recommendation. There are too many mediums on offer for use with acrylics. This medium does nearly all of the techniques that you could need if you are painting in fast quick layers, however if you want Heavy Impasto you will still need to use Heavy Gel or Moulding paste. Decant some of the concentrate into a small container that you can dip your brush into. You will like the feel of the paint when the medium is added to it and you will notice that it allows you to blend and feather edges very effectively because the medium is not sticky on the brush. Small additions to thick paint will loosen the consistency while more medium creates a very attractive glazing or layering mixture which can be over painted when touch dry. Solvent based varnish has a strong smell because of the turps, but usually looks better than a water based one and is easy to apply. The new Atelier Interactive Universal Medium/Varnish when used as a water based varnish is comparable to solvent varnish. It is very easy to apply. It gives the color saturation and enhancement of a good solvent based varnish. By adding water to the concentrate different levels of sheen can be created between low sheen and high gloss. Artists should experiment with color swatches to decide on the finishes that they prefer. Apply a seal coat one part varnish two parts water. This allows the varnish to penetrate and seal the paint layer so that a more concentrated varnish can be spread easily when the seal coat is dry. If you want a high gloss finish the full concentrate can be used over the seal coat and two or more coats can be used to exaggerate gloss as required. For a subtle finish you might decide that the seal coat is all that you need or you might apply another diluted coat to create a satin finish which is more attractive than a satin varnish containing a flatting agent. How To Apply Place your painting in a sloping position so that you can pick up the runs or dribbles. You can work back and forth while the varnish is wet because it does not catch on the brush.
NEW AGE PALETTE KNIVES
Special water resistant mirror blades. The Unique edges can be used when painting with acrylics and oil paints to @relief effects, a variety of thicknesses and variegated layers. These new knives are created for relief pastes, such as mortar, gels (matt gel, gloss gel, heqavy gel). Modeling pastes, gesso.
Daler Rowney Expression Brushes for Acrylic & Watercolour
The Expression brush range is Daler Rowney’s premier brush specifically designed for the needs of the decorative painters and features a unique “balanced handle”. More importantly the brush filling is a carefully blended mixture of synthetic filaments of different thicknesses, resulting in a blend with a smooth soft feel, which produces a fine point with controlled spring. This natural sable-like mixture provides enhanced control with enough resilience to perform perfectly every time. The unique short handle provides a comfortable grip to prevent fatigue during hours of painting with this feature being of particular appeal to artists with arthritis or carpel tunnel syndrome. A uniquely styled brush range that is suitable for use with all painting media.
Jacquard Pinata Alcohol Ink
Pinata Colors are highly saturated, fast-drying alcohol inks for any hard surface, including glass, metal, plastic, ceramic, stone, leather, polymer clay and more. Indelible and impervious to water once dry, Pinata Colors clean up with alcohol and re-wet themselves, allowing for unique effects and techniques not easily achieved with water based systems. As a dye-based, highly transparent ink, Pinata Colors are unparalleled for vibrancy, and only the most lightfast dyes have been selected for the palette. Acid-free with excellent adhesive properties, Pinata Colors have become the go-to inks for ay non porous surface.
Adult Colouring in Books
We now have in stock a good selection of the Pepin Colouring in Books. These books are on quality paper for use with either pencil, ink or watercolour. We also have other Adult Colouring in Books.
These books are a great way of unwinding and are helpful with Stress and Depression related conditions as well as being great fun.
Sculpey lll is the perfect medium for anyone who is creative. This popular oven bake clay maintains tooling and detailing beautifully. Once cured, Sculpey lll bakes hard and takes on a matte, bisque-type finish. It’s easy-to-use and stays soft until you bake it.